Sunday, September 24, 2017

Week 4 Shadows & Light

This was an interesting week to try and find shadows and good lighting for each picture since the weather was horrible all week. I finally got to same some good shot yesterday down at the Seawall in New Haven and also Friday after work in the Branford center at the library. I didn't capture the sun the way I wanted to due to the time of day I went to take pictures but non the less, I think I captured some good shots and I tried to get more in depth with my editing.

Before & After of my favorite photo.


Before & After from Branford center at the Library




Before & After of a beautiful tree in my cousins condo complex




Before & After from the Seawall






Before & After of some sun from the Seawall but the sun wasn't where I was hoping it would be.







3 comments:

  1. Good Stephanie... You got the main concept and executed it very well. Working out the best angle at the seawall was a good thing to do... My favorite may be the Branford Library and the B and W conversions. Notice how the sky in the b and w view of the library has a dark value relative to the stone of the building. That is the way to photography the sky as the subject is lighter and the camera is exposing for the stone. The exploration of the play of light and shadow on the walkway is very good. All in all, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie, I like all your photos. I especially like the library. Great editing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie,
    You did a great job with this set! The lines are so crisp and clear, good for you! I love the photos of the water. I also like the ones of the library as well.

    ReplyDelete