Tuesday, September 5, 2017

first photo of week 2

This is a photo of the paper umbrellas used in the drinks some friends and I had at Arrigoni Winery. I enjoyed the colors of the umbrellas, the details of the crimples in the delicate paper. I stationed them this way to capture some of the shadows we experienced while visiting.  While I know this is not a structure.  I enjoyed creating my own for sake of creativity. I will be uploading structures/monuments and other objects as requested but this one for me was quite fun.  There was no real way for me to capture this photo without the larger shadow being in the way as there was a tent next to us and where this table sat I was unable to move it.  Looking forward to some critiques on this as I start to capture shadows, lines and more details in my photos for this week.   It will help me gauge if I'm going in the right direction.  Thanks all!

2 comments:

  1. I love it...you are going in the right direction... This does fall under "structures" because of the boards on the table and the "built" umbrellas... What is especially nice is your close observation of light and the way it not only illuminates the paper but casts a wonderful shadow setting up a nice rhythm.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natasha, this is great photo. I never would have thought to use those to receive shadows. The lighting is also great which shows the color for each one well.

    ReplyDelete