Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Week 2

Hello Class,
I do not have a creative bone in my body so to get creative and figure out what pictures should be taken are hard for me to grasp. When I think of reflections, I think of the ocean and the sun but I realize by whole concept before was wrong so I took some pictures of my last few trip to Puerto Rico. My husband took me through San Juan and Ponce which are amazing towns to go through if you are ever there to visit! I hope you enjoy!
The first picture is from San Juan, the next 3 pictures are from the Bacardi factory and the last 3 pictures are from Ponce!
















4 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie,

    We will be doing a beach series in the future... I need you to get out of your car and walk in a town environment to look at how lines and angles of edges of windows and buildings can serve as a composition. Shooting from a car window with a wide angle lens doesn't cut it and you won't get much out of the class if you don't get in close to your subject and compose carefully. Do turn off the time/date stamp (Firehouse) I invite you to try again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. One huge bit of advice I can offer is to not include the sky in any of the shots... First look for light, find a focal point, compose an interesting shot with the lines of the built environment you are photographing... Read Week 2 carefully in the syllabus and click through some of the images linked there. Watch my videos on what to look for on this assignment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie,

    I can only count pictures taken after class started which reflect how you thought about the assignment and studied the examples in the readings to count towards your grade for the class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephanie, These are some nice shots. I never been to PR before but I hope to go one day.

    ReplyDelete