Saturday, September 2, 2017

Hello Class

I know I am a little late in posting, but I hope you will not mind me introducing myself over the long weekend. My name is Carmen and this is my second year at Albertus Magnus. I have been fortunate to find a school where my son can occasionally come with me to class and let me focus on the work ahead. I am development associate for a local community foundation and I enjoy what I do. However, I am continuing my education beyond my associates to continue growing as an individual; to eventually help others in need and to leave a type of legacy that my son will be proud to improve upon. Although I selected this class as an elective, when I was younger I use to LOVE to take photos. I am that person who has photographs going back to grade school. Some photos have a permanent spot in a photo album and others are gathered in a shoe box. One recent memory that will stay with me was putting a small album of photos together for my mother's (who was living with Alzheimer's at the time) 60th birthday. Because I am the one in the family always taking photos and actually get them printed out - I was able to put together photos of my siblings and there children along with photos from when we were kids. It is the one thing that I wanted the most when my mother passed away this past February. She was a wonderful lady with a big presence and that spirit of energy smiles at me everyday in a photo on my dresser of her in a pool while on vacation 'posing' in a comical way for me. I never shared that photo to much, until after her condition when she was no longer able to smile and be a part of lives like she had been. My son, who is now nine never got to spend time with her as 'gramma' but he is very sweet in saying that he believes he would have loved to spend time with her.  The power of a photo can take your mind and thoughts to many places, and I look forward to finding ways to improve on the hobby I left behind and hope to revive.
If you made it this far in my reading.... thank you and have a wonderful holiday weekend. Be safe.
Here is me with my son as we finished parking the car and getting ready to stay home for the wknd.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Carmen, I enjoyed reading your narrative. Sorry to hear about you mom having Alzheimer's at such a young age. Using photography to make expressive art is one of the big goals of this class... Someday, leaving a legacy of artistic photography for him to cherish is so valuable.

    Welcome!

    ReplyDelete