Monday, September 11, 2017

Downtown New Haven








I took a nice walk on the green and decided to take pictures of the buildings that were surrounding the New Haven Green. The first couple of pictures are the city hall building on the green. The picture of the Lion is my favorite because its a water fountain and I remember as kid drinking from it and being super excited and I was always thirsty when we were downtown just so I could drink from the fountain. The fourth picture is of the court house building and the fifth is the library and the last picture is of a building that use to be the mall downtown. I hope I was able to captured the right photos and did the assignment correct.

1 comment:

  1. The strongest ones are the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th. With these you are designing and composing using the frame. The bottom 2 are too far away, include too many elements and are "out there" rather than being a well composed and closer image. I suggested in several places that sky should be avoided... See how the sky weakens the bottom two? The deep blue sky in the courthouse shot works well though because the camera exposed the shot for the sunlight on the stone of the building, rendering the sky darker than te building and setting it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete