Sunday, September 24, 2017

WEEK 4 - Hello again class.... This time I am finally using a digital camera from work and using the computers at the school library - although with some difficulty. However, I hope these photos that I took on Friday on my walk around the downtown area reflect the assignment. From the Peabody Museum, The New Haven Free Public Library, photo of myself near a small pond, the background of the plants in that man made pond, a sidewalk around the New Haven Green, a stop light outside of KeyBank, a table near one the Yale buildings, a small tree on Audubon Street and a young boy walking. I actually enjoyed the walk and I was even asked by our Communications department to take some photos of the Dixwell Ave. area which I did and meet a few friendly people. I might get to use the photos I took of a small community garden for another assignment. Have a wonderful week.














4 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen, great photos. I think you were able to capture light and shadows well. My favorite is the the fence it kind of remind me of a train track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carmen,
    I love the fence photo as well as the shadow of the child. I think overall you did a great job. I wonder how some of them would look if you edited them to black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Carmen... I am seeing some real "visual thinking" here. You are actively exploring light and shadow and how they interact in the frame to form an interesting image.

    One improvement would be to use levels in Photoshop (ctrl>l) to bring up the light and contrast a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmen, your shadows are amazing with great attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete