Friday, September 8, 2017

Hi everyone,

For this weeks assignment, I went Downtown, New Haven and just walked around the streets taking pictures of anything I found interesting.




















I was able to get quite a bit of photos of different kinds of structures and I tried to keep in mind the concept of light and really getting in close. I tried to focus on shapes and the buildings around Yale university were perfect to capture since they have such great detail and design. During my walk through Downtown, I saw a sign for a protest going on to support DACA. I walked directly into the rally while it was starting and was able to walk the streets of Downtown with so many different people who came together for one cause, which was to support dreamers. Though it may not fit particular for this assignment, I felt really strongly about sharing the photos I captured to continue showing support for dreamers. Plus I really think it captured my experience of completing the assignment. Day turned to night and I got some really cool shots of lights through windows! Thanks for taking the time to read and look at my photos.
- Gaby Reyes

8 comments:

  1. Good job Gaby in taking a walk around the Yale campus and finding those interesting details... the strongest ones have the focal point and the light in the image converge. The top 4 do that... I do encourage you to edit them for light... straight out of the camera, they are rarely as good as they can be. I posted a couple of examples of what I mean by taking a minute to build some light back into the focal point in the above posts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Gabriella, your pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to add that I appreciate the DACA coverage... and that I really like the metal vertical gate shots against the stone just above the DACA pictures... What kind of camera are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gabriella, I like all your photos. I especially like the ones which were taken at night. With no flash they came out really clear and shows the true color of the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the rally photos. You certainly captured an important moment in history. I think they would also look even more timeless if you can somehow edit them into a black and white photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photos Gabriella! Your images caught a lot of small details and focused on each and every one of them. My favorite ones, other than the rally photos, are the architecture shots! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job everyone. I really love how you all have a beautiful eye for certain things. I will be learning from all of you to step my game up. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your feedback Professor Nevins. I am using a Canon 60. I am editing some of the photos now and will repost them.

    Thank you everyone for your feedback as well. :)

    ReplyDelete