Thursday, September 14, 2017

By The Sea


Hi everyone, 
I am trying something new this week with the way I lay out my photos. Professor Nevins, please let me know if this is okay! 
Here it goes --
I went to Lighthouse right before the sun was setting and it was perfect! I love the beach as it is, so taking these shots was really fun.

Before and After

I brought seashells with me that I've had for a while from Puerto Rico. (I hope it's okay that I used props, if not I will retake photos!) I tried to keep in mind form and detail and when editing tried to make the details in the seashell sharper and a little more saturated but tried to keep it subtle because I love the simplicity of beach photos. 





I tried to to capture different patterns!



And tried to keep in mind that the assignment was to be captured in a child's light. So I took shots that made it feel like they were larger than the viewer. 



And some things that might catch a child's eye! 








I thought these photos might grasp the idea of a child's curiosity with them roaming the sea shore searching for seashells and thought about ways it might spark their imagination! 


Lastly, though I know this might not really fill the frame entirely and not fit for the assignment ... it started getting dark and it was just a perfect/beautiful beach trip and I'm thankful for the assignment because it was a nice break from busy day to day life and schedule. 
Thank you for taking the time to look at my photos. -Gaby















7 comments:

  1. Gabriella I absolutely love your series!! Great job! Your editing is amazing, the seashells are my favorite!! these came out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabriella, these are some great shots. I love the photo with the foot prints in the sand. It allows me visualize being at the beach, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gaby,
    Your pictures came out amazing. I love all of the edits you made. The seashells are my favorite and I love how you decided to add it in. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gaby, beautiful pictures! The different shapes of rocks are my favorite. You also really know how to edit your photos to really capture the beauty in them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys for commenting on my editing! I find editing VERY hard & time consuming & a little overwhelming to be honest so it's nice to hear that you guys like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful series, Gabriella! It's perfectly okay to have brought a prop because you did such a wonderful job with it. If you had brought a plastic toy and set it on the rock I may not have been as pleased that the shells work perfectly well with the Rocky environment.

    I love how I can see the conscious decisions you're making about how you're going to frame your shot, align your body, and appreciate the light.

    You must be using a D SLR camera because of the wonderful depth of field falloff. The camera in a cell phone has such a wide-angle lens that this kind of shot is just not possible. It's a great way to isolate your subject and bring the viewers attention to your intended focal point.

    I'm so glad you had a great time with this and that your work came out so well… Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are stunning Gaby, great job!

    ReplyDelete