Thursday, October 5, 2017

Digital Portrait


Hi everyone, 
For this weeks assignment, I hung out with my younger sister and she was my muse! We walked around Downtown and we took shots in several different settings. My sister has such big dreams of being a writer and a model, so I thought it would be nice to incorporate her to my assignment. I get to do my homework and she gets to have pictures for her portfolio! :) Win, win. 

We started off taking pictures in my Fiat, I dropped the top! :)
She really is effortlessly beautiful! We took pictures in Starbucks (started off with our own mug not to advertise but then got hot chocolate and hid the label lol).  Again, was inspired by some examples given to us for this assignment taking photos through the window! We then went to the New Haven Library.  I tried to give the photos a vintage look! Sorry I didn't post the originals this time!!! 
Thanks for taking the time to look at my photos :)
Gaby



















2 comments:

  1. Wow... this is an ambitious series. You are lucky to have such a willing and beautiful model to work with. She is relaxed and easy in front of the camera.. (rather than self conscious and stressed)... Here expression is natural and the situations are natural and realistic. The main point of this exercise is to be able to see light on the face and get some control over seeing the light and directing the person into that beautiful light. diffuse light coming in a window can do that easily but as you have shown, that is not the only way.

    In terms of the assignment then, the very best shot is her wide open laugh holding the coffee, 3rd one up from the bottom. All of the others are strong in terms of your posing and control over the design of the body in the frame. The 7th up from the bottom also uses light effectively on her face. See how it is illuminated 3/4 with 1/4 in the shadow?

    See how there are "raccoon eyes" in the library from the overhead fluorescent light? The remedy is beyond the scope of this class and it involved bringing in your own diffuse light and balancing it effectively with the ambient light...

    All in all, a super job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gaby,

    I always love the series of photos that you do! I love the environments that you capture her in. They are every day environments and they match with her natural expression. With this pairing, I feel a sense of normalcy. These photos don't feel forced. My favorite picture is the sixth one. Really well done!

    ReplyDelete