Sunday, August 27, 2017

Natasha's Self Portrait


My name is Natasha Rivera-LaButhie.  I am a 34 yr old married woman with 4 children and work in a multitude of platforms. I work in cosmetology, research, and community service among other things. Google is my oyster at this point in my career which houses my most recent works over the past 5 years.  I am pursing my Bachelors in Business Management with a focus on Multimedia and Marketing. This is my second year.  One of my hobbies is being an admin for a Facebook game group in which I create flyers and posters for events daily.  I am also the head of marketing in my job, so I spend time doing most of the photography, flyers, and creating of marketing and media materials as a result.  I have always been fascinated by photography, taking it as a course all 4 years of high school.  I enjoyed cutting my own film and loading up the black and white camera.  I enjoyed being able to sit in a dark room and make the art I created magically appear on paper. I am looking forward to this course more than anyone could know as I have never used photoshop beyond the capacity of making overlays.  I created this image by using depth effect, removing my original image, reusing it with a filter and cropping it back on the original background.  This photo represents many sleepless nights over the past few days (I have a 13 month old who still wakes at night).  However, the need to go out and explore the world as I can rest in the grave. I look forward to spending this mod with all of you and getting to know you through your work.
Best regards,
Natasha  

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natasha, your picture is very creative. It has like a cartoon effect to it. I like your attention to detail especially with your hair. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yanisha, I look forward to taking this class with you as well! Love the reflection in the mirror and you had perfect lighting!!

      Delete
  3. Welcome Natasha... This class will definitely help you in your job in marketing. Photography is key to so much visual communication. I really like the creative use of Photoshop filters in your self portrait. I'm looking forward to working with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Professor,

      Believe it or not I did all of this using apps not photoshop. I have a multitude of apps that do everything from erase backgrounds, to filter, clarify, rotate, flip etc. This is why I want to learn photoshop so I can use the apps less and use one platform for everything. The apps are eating up all of my space on my cell phone and MacBook so I intend to use photoshop to eliminate all of that.

      Delete
  4. Hi Natasha,
    Thank you for sharing. Your job sounds so interesting! I look forward to seeing your work through out the course. - Gaby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gaby,

      My job is quite interesting. There are so many fields to research I currently work for the psychiatry department. I enjoy cosmetology the most because I am licensed and practice at home at my leisure. I used to work in a Vietnamese nail salon for 2 years and learned so much from my mentors there! Much like photography its my favorite hobby.

      Delete
  5. Hello Mrs. Natasha how are you? Nice picture by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good thank you Keisha how have you been?! I'm so happy to hear from you! Are you in this class too this semester?

      Delete
  6. Hi Natasha! I am excited to know a familiar face in this class!! I love your creative outlook on this picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie I'll have to find you on FB and inbox you so I can show you the different softwares and apps I use! We need to get together and do a mini photoshoot together. I would love to see what your camera can do!

      Delete
  7. Hi Natasha,

    Your photo is very creative. I love the effect you used! I think it is great that you are the head of marketing at your job. It is very impressive. I am an intern for the Marketing Department here at the school. I help film and edit the videos that go onto the school's page. It's nice to see someone work in Marketing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Natasha,
    I cant wait to see your work, i would just love to talk about candle making sometime with you. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete